"Wash My Feet, Lord"


I am a sinner, saved by grace, loving and loved by the Saviour, and striving to live the words of Scripture throughout my sanctification. I need to be convicted and changed more into the image of Christ. I desire to share with you, within this blog, all that I am daily learning. I want to serve Christ and become more and more like Him. I don’t want to live a legalistic life, but I do want to live a holy one. I want to see God receive the glory He deserves. I want to see the depth and richness of the Gospel come back to the Church. I want to see God’s people encouraging and building one another up in Christ. I want to encourage young people, and be encouraged by them, to live a set-apart life. I want to give up my life for the sake of the Kingdom and it’s King.
May you accept what is written here, if it truly honors the Lord, as coming from a heart that purely wants to honor Jesus Christ, my Savior. As He teaches me, rebukes me, corrects me, and trains me in righteousness, I hope to grow in my knowledge and love for Him. May everything that is said here bring Him glory. If I stray from the truths of Scriptures, please tell me. May my words be full of grace, as though seasoned with salt. May "the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.” (Ps. 19:14)

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Reflections on Psalm 63

(It's been over one year since I blogged, but thanks to the encouragement of a friend, I might start again! May the Lord bless you!)
 
Psalm 63:1-8

“O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; my soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth offers praise with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, for You have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.”

  • Seek God Sincerely

God is worth knowing. Christ is infinitely worth knowing. He needs to be and must be the all consuming passion of the Christian life. He is the reason we live, and His glory is the purpose for which we live. I need to ask myself, “Do I have a thirst for God?” “Do I seek after Him, thirst for Him, desire to know Him?” Do I see His glory being put on display in my life?” A.W. Tozer wrote, “O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, ‘Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away.’ Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long.” Seek God sincerely.

Remember God’s Righteousness
  •  Take time to reflect upon all that the Lord has done for you. No situation is too hopeless and no need is too great for Him to take care of. If our greatest need, which is the removal of the wrath of God towards our sin, has been taken away by Christ, if we can trust Him to care of that need, we can surely trust Him to take care of all our much lesser needs. Remember the faithfulness of God in your life.

Praise God Passionately
  •  
    The Name of the Lord is worthy to be praised. Pursue a life that offers praise to God from a heart of joy. Day and night think about the wonders He has done in your life and thank Him for them. Reflect on His attributes displayed through His Word, which will produce a heart overflowing with gratefulness and praise.
     
     
Cling to God Closely
  •  In God alone there is an everlasting refuge that cannot be shaken. God’s Word is full of invitations by Him to His people to put their full confidence in His protecting strength and unconditional love. I know that for me, clinging to God is one of the most important things in my Christian walk. Sometimes, it is all I can do! (Even when I don’t cling to the Lord, He is always holding on to me!) We must always be clinging to God closely. In times of peace and prosperity we need to thank God that He is the sustainer of our lives and the giver of every good thing. In times of difficulty and discouragement, we still need to thank God and rejoice in His goodness. In times of spiritual trial and doubt we must choose to cling to the promises of God that remain unshaken rather than react according to our feelings. Choosing joy is something God requires of us, and we are able to choose and display joy in our lives when we cling closely to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment